When using QR codes for your marketing, remember that there is a right way to do it and there are those that almost always guarantee failure.
QR Code Tracking gives you the best practices to ensure that your QR code campaigns succeed.
1. Try out your QR codes. It is not enough to just create your QR codes and put them on your marketing collaterals. You should make sure that you test out the QR code using different mobile devices and using different scanner apps. That is not all, you should test out each of your QR codes when you have posted them to make sure that it will be convenient for your customers to scan them and find out whether they are too low or too high.
2. Motivate your customers. Be sure to put up an incentive for your customers to take their time to scan your QR codes. For example, tell them about the deals and discounts that they could exclusively from scanning your QR code. Or perhaps share behind the scenes content about your new video or new products. This will help give your customers a reason to scan your codes.
3. Make it mobile. If you are going to use a Web page or a video for your QR codes, you should make sure that these would display perfectly on any screen. This means that whether they scan your QR codes on an iPhone, a tablet or any other mobile device, they would be able to see your content in such a way that it is not truncated or would need a whole lot of scrolling. Before this, however, you should make sure that you could offer content that is informative, educational or entertaining. This way, you would not be wasting your customers’ time by just giving them something promotional without any value to them.
4. Monitor your QR codes. Always have a QR code tracking system in place before you do anything. This will help you see what is working and what needs to be improved.
5. Monetize your QR codes. QR codes can be a great way to sell your products and services. Further, remember that you should always attach a dollar value to anything that your QR code does, this will help you find out if it is worth doing in the future or not.